Friday, May 15, 2009

A couple in a singles shoe

I heard it on a TV series, a song and even a movie. Never meant to accept as true even a word it said, until tonight when I am sitting at this computer and writing this off.

Singles and Couples. We have diverse languages, whereby, we don’t recognize what they seem to talk. However, I can proudly say, I still remember the nights when I was with this awesome guy and I still respect your single laws and bowed by it. But we both are in different shoes today and I don’t think you understand what I am going through.

Where are the times, I wore the singles shoe and ruined my life for you. Where are the times, I ignored my loved one and missed out on the greatest rides. Where are the times, I never made you feel like your life is miserable as it is. You are just too occupied right now, to understand any of this.

When the day begins, you are like missing the fun girly time we have. In the mid day, you are like waiting restlessly for the time we can laugh and act all brother and sister so we all can forget how the rest of the world points their fingers at us. In the evening, you text me asking me if I am asleep and I lie to you and I don’t why.

I’ve mentioned at least the pattern of five of my closest people above there. They all seem to be blind enough to see around me. I bet none of them knows even a bit of my life now. Worst, I don’t think they even care to know. I just miss the old good times.

If my granny is right, why aren’t all my actions being paid off today? If my mama is right, why aren’t you all treating me the same as I did yesterday. When we switched our shoes, we vowed and smiled and laughed for the happy tomorrows. But today you have totally forgotten what I was to you. The best friend that understood you and never judged you for the worst of your actions. The sister who’d take care of you like my own daughter and respect your beliefs.

It isn’t like a century old. It’s just a couple of months back. Why can’t your memory hold them? Why are you being so self centered and immature. Why have you changed? My last question for anyone is that why does the couples make you feel like the biggest loser in this world, yesterday, today and tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. awww, immiiii, my heart feels all warm and fuzzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just wow..your just damn great in doing this!!
    -Curly hair dude-

    ReplyDelete