Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hmphs, Huhs and the meaningful / less Sighs

What am I to do when you give me a sigh? What am I to think when you give me a huh?


There are a million sound that comes out of our mouths and sounds like a trillion meaning. This gives the listener and even the speaker (or should I say sound maker) a different meaning every other time. So if our conversations became storybook conversations, the author would describe what kind of a sigh was that. For instance “Jonathan sighed heavily as he was exhausted from the busy day, giving a visible expression of that no more work can be done properly tonight”


So where is the author in our day to day life? Does his “huh” today means a question mark or what? When life is so confusing and complicated as it is normally, why more things in life do makes it more confusing. Last week, I was all confused and almost had nightmares because an “hmphs” was mistaken by me. At the end it was not a sign of annoying, it seems like it was an almost silent laughter.


These are originally used for real conversations, which later on became common on internet chats, texts, email and even letters. I assume that this was done mainly because the pathetic internet lovers or text addicts wanted to make it feel more real (no offence to any of the internet lovers or text addicts because I, myself is one of them).


I hope none of my huhs, hmphs, hmmmms, sighs and more have hurt people or confused people for which I did not mean for. I hope I have not taken any of the huhs, hmphs, hmmmms, sighs and more on an opposite sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment