Thursday, May 7, 2009

Terrorism; a fear of own kind

You wake up into a silent morning, peaceful and the natural beauty that adds up into the perfection of life. Frankly, it’s just a beginning. The day not often goes ahead with the precision. The fears, in our minds and body wake itself only after few minutes. The fear of walking down the road and getting hit by a raced motor bike. The fear of the state screwing up the next generation’s future. The fear of natural and uncontrollable disasters. The fear of screwing up your own life with your own events.

But recently the most awful fear that I had was the terror against our kind. I have seen how people were resistant to socialize with our kind. I have seen how people get off the tube when people like you and I step in. I have seen people get off buses when people like you and I step in. Muslims. People like you and me.

On the last few episodes of 24, the victim of a planned terrorist attack says in the morning, “it is not a good day to be a Muslim”. There are thousands of circumstances whereby I had to keep my mouth shut when it came to religion. Don’t take me wrong, I am sooooo proud to be a Muslim, but there are extremists who make me fear my own moves and own kind on certain days. A normal Muslim, who hasn’t had any waking moments of breaking news of twin tower or London tube bombing or any other confrontations as such, would say it’s pathetic to assume every Muslim is a terrorist. But it’s our human nature and I don’t like to be the Muslim who understands the fear of the western world. I regret to say this, but there are situations whereby I walked out on “brothers and sisters” when they walked into the same tube as I am with a backpack. I am sorry, but I know they might be just like me and might even have a large stock of library due books. Who’d know? There are situations whereby I reported suspense, when “family” tries to act weird at terminals. I am sorry, but I know they might be just like me, either fear of heights or panicking of our own kind. It’s just an out of control fear within me. Not knowing which brother to trust. Not knowing which sister to fly with.

Killing innocent people is not something I believe in. Causing unnecessary damage is not something I believe in. Not only I don’t believe in those miserable sick events taken on the false name of protecting religion, I totally disrespect those acts. I believe in doing things within my scale to protect my religion and beliefs. I believe in paving the right path to friends and family. I believe in ensuring your day is clean as pure white. I believe in doing a little bit more to be faithful to yourself, your parents and religion. I believe in peace and resolutions. I truly believe in Religion, Islam; the way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment