Friday, May 15, 2009

What does your wedding ring mean?

Wedding Rings are like a step ahead in your life. It’s like your academic certificate or physical maturity. Something resembling the change in your life. The achievement in you.

For the person who sees you wearing one, can easily interpret a bit of you from it. That you are married. You are not the kind of person who wishes to forget your ring when you going out for a ride with a hot girl. You are not the kind of guy to switch the ring to another finger, while you take her to a coffee. You are a respectable husband.

So it means huge. There are times when people steal away the beautiful meaning of this. It becomes so sick and pathetic. Especially ladies, they tend to avoid being hit on (if they feel like being left alone for the night), for an innocent reason they wear a fake ring. This is understandable at times, especially after a busy day when you don’t want to worry more about anything else. But again, it is a wedding ring. You got to respect it. Someday you will be wearing it, meaning to spend the rest of your life with someone special, you wish to make compromises that you wouldn’t even make for yourself. You might be doing all that without a vow; it still makes a difference when you are married. So respect the symbol.

There are also times when people turn out to be way too adorable to their spouses and wear a ring they share. This is too cheesy for a girl like me. I’d wear a ring even from the love of my life, only upon making it official. I would accept being called wife only when you say you do. I like to take it step by step. I respect the ring, even if it is fake or real. So I backed off, the moment I saw the ring in your finger, even when I knew you were officially single. But why do you disrespect it by giving me the impression you like me. Why do you still show off the ring to me?

If you deep down believe you are no more in the singles floor, act upon it. If you deep down believe that you are not officially married and available for singles, throw off the ring. Either you can say it’s this or that. Don’t tell it might be this or it might be that. Be definite, so the girl who goes melting to your moves can also be definite of what we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment